High Pressure Bridgman Furnace System HBS*
*in development phase
The High Pressure Bridgman System HBS is a resistively heated Bridgman-type crystal growth furnace, applicable with pressures up to 150 bar in the growth chamber.
- Atmosphere: oxygen or other gases, pressure up to 150 bar
- Multiple independent temperature zones with up to 1700 °C
- Chamber dimensions according to customer specifications
An important feature is the easily expandable design of the furnace, which allows custom-tailored constructions and specifications according to individual needs. In the standard configuration, the vertical tube is heated by two resistance heating devices. The temperature of these elements can be set independently from each other in the range between room temperature and 1700 °C. The heating elements are located inside a cold pressure tube. The main advantage of this setup is the long life span of the pressure tube. Another unique component is the process chamber, which can be used with several, also reactive, gases. This chamber is tightly separated from the heating room, which is pressurized with another, inert gas in order to protect the heating elements.
The Bridgman furnace is equipped with a linear and rotational drive system, which realizes precise rotation and translation movements. The drive system is a magnetically coupled, completely capsuled feed-through construction, which works precisely and independent of the applied pressure.
For sample installation, the pulling drive shaft can be moved to the lower position (out of the chamber), where the sample can be installed and moved back inside the chamber. The whole system is PLC controlled and can be easily operated with a comfortable GUI on a 27” touch screen with a specifically developed software.
To run the machine the laboratory needs the following facilities:
- 200 bar gas supply process gas (oxygen)
- 200 bar gas supply system gas (nitrogen)
- Exhaust air system for process and system gases
- Energy supply with 230 V, 20 A, 3-phase AC, 50/60Hz
- Cooling water system with approx. 20 °C , pressure 4-5 bar, 10 liter/min